8 of 11Pilatusberg
The Klimsenkapelle on the Klimsenhornjoch. It used to be part of Hotel Klimsenhorn that stood a few meters away - but since the hotel was demolished in 1967 it's stood alone.
Built in 1856 - 1860 along with the hotel, it was inaugurated in 1861 as Transfiguration of Christ on Mount Tabor. The chapel was restored in 1974, and consecrated again in 1975. In 2002 it was listed on the list of monuments of the canton. A renovation was carried out in 2003 and in 2004 it was again consecrated by Abbot Berchtold Müller.