Skeppsholmskyrkan Entrance
 

Skeppsholmskyrkan Entrance

The entrance to Skeppsholmskyrkan[a], the Skeppsholm Church. The church is named after the islet it is on, the name literally being Ship-islet-church, and the islet was long the site of a navy base. The church was built in 1823-1849 and designed by Fredrik Blom as an octagonal temple. The parish it served was disbanded in 1969, along with the navy moving to Muskö.

The church was secularized in 2002, and in 2009 the building was renamed to The Eric Ericson Hall, after the conductor Eric Ericson[b]. The building is currently managed by the Eric Ericson International Choral Centre[c].

2007-03-16 15:50

Skeppsholmskyrkan

2010-11-18 00:50

Skeppsholmskyrkan

[a]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeppsholmskyrkan

[b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ericson

[c]

http://www.eic.rikskonserter.se/default2.asp